The MPOG Application Suite contains a variety of utilities that provide an interface for many of the tasks required for submitting data to MPOG. This includes mapping AIMS variables to MPOG concepts, scrubbing records of PHI, reviewing cases for data integrity and finally exporting cases to the central repository.
Click the link below to download the setup executable. This will take the latest version of the suite and install it on your local user profile, so no administrative privileges are required. The suite requires Windows XP or later. Furthermore it is strongly recommended that you use the suite on only workstations connected to your institution’s network. Once installed the application will ask how to connect to your local MPOG database. Ask your database administrator for the appropriate server address and database name.
Download the MPOG Application Suite
Currently the MPOG Suite contains the following:
- Case Viewer: Used to display intraoperative cases in the MPOG database in a manner similar to most anesthesia systems.
- Variable Mapping (Standard): This mapping utility is used to map variables found in an Epic variable spreadsheet.
- NSQIP Import: Used to pull NSQIP spreadsheets into the database and match those rows to MPOG cases.
- Data Diagnostics: help to identify large scale issues with an institution's extraction of data into MPOG. Examples of such issues are missing variable mappings, missing data in key areas, and abnormal data patterns
- Transfer to MPOG Central: Easily exports cases from your local MPOG database and sends them to the central repository at University of Michigan
- Content Synchronization: Update the MPOG-provided content on your database
- Concept Browser: Used to search the dictionary of MPOG concepts
- Variable Mapping (Epic): This mapping utility is used to map variables found in an Epic variable spreadsheet
- PHI Scrubber: Used to eliminate patient and staff identifiers from free-text fields in the database
- Case-by-Case Validation: Prior to submitting cases to the central repository, each institution is required to manually review a sample of cases from their database. This validation helps ensure that data used in multicenter research is of sufficient quality
- Transfer to AQI: Upload your MPOG data to AQI's NACOR
- Research Data Cleaning: The Research Utility has two purposes. First, the Column Cleaning mode assists researchers to map text fields in their datasets to defined enumerations. Second, the Manual Review mode allows researchers to fill out a custom questionnaire for a subset of their data. Note that this utility requires an install of an optional MPOG database.